The next Archpastoral visitation of His Grace Bishop Irenei will be from 4th - 23rd July. Below is an outline confirmed visitations on that stay.
- 6th-8th: Commemorative Festivities of the Holy Royal Martyrs on the Isle of Wight.
- Tuesday 10th: Spiritual Talk at the Diocesan Cathedral. at 7.00 p.m. for 7.15 p.m.
- Thursday 12th: Feast of Sts Peter & Paul at the Diocesan Cathedral, Chiswick.
- Saturday 14th: DIOCESAN PILGRIMAGE: To the miraculous well of St Margaret and St Frideswide in Binsey OX2 0EX (near Oxford), with Divine Liturgy in the ancient church at 9.45 a.m. followed by moleben at the Holy Well. His Grace will chair a meeting of the Diocesan Council this day as well. At 5.00 p.m., Vigil at the Diocesan Cathedral.
- Sunday 15th: 9.45 a.m.: Greeting and Hierarchical Divine Liturgy (10.00) at Diocesan Cathedral.
- Monday 16th: 6.00 p.m.: Vigil of the Feast (Diocesan Cathedral, lower Church).
- Tuesday 17th: Feast of the Holy Royal Martyrs (Altar Feast of Cathedral lower Church): 9.00 a.m. Hierarchical Divine Liturgy of the Feast, followed by a luncheon in Cathedral Hall in honour of Feast and the 100th Anniversary of the Martyrdom of the Royal Family. After the Trapeza, Vladika Irenei will be available for a "surgery" for those who may wish to speak with him...no appointment is necessary.
- Wednesday 18th: Royal Martyrs Sts Elisabeth & Barbara: Hierarchical Divine Liturgy in the Diocesan Cathedral. Spiritual Talk at the Diocesan Cathedral at 7.15 p.m.
- Saturday 21st: Kazan Icon of the Theotokos, the Altar Feast of the Cardiff Parish: 9.00 a.m. Hierarchical Divine Liturgy of the Feast in Cardiff. Reception to follow Liturgy.
- Sunday 22nd:Altar Feast of St Elisabeth, Wallasey: 9.45 greeting of the Bishop, 10:00 Hierarchical Divine Liturgy of the Feast in Wallasey, with Cross Procession and veneration of relics of St Elisabeth and St Barbara. A Garden Party will follow the Liturgy.
Spiritual talks will be scheduled during the visit. As ever, those wishing to meet formally with the Bishop are invited to contact the Diocesan Chancellor, Archpriest Paul Elliott, to have a meeting added to the calendar, or to approach Bishop Irenei directly during his visit to speak personally.
With the blessing of Vladika Irenei, there is the possibility of some financial support for young people from ROCOR parishes for both the St Seraphim Youth Camp and the St Alban's Youth Pilgrimage to Russia.
A letter from the committee administering this fund on behalf of the Diocese can be accessed here. Applicants and their famililies should have the support and blessing of their parish priests or Vladika Irenei. The Diocese is very keen to promote youth activities. If you have ideas as how this could be done please contact the Diocesan Chancellery.
His Grace Bishop Irenei is to lead the Diocesan Pilgrimage to the ancient Church and miraculous well associated with both St Margaret of Antioch and St Frideswide of Oxford, to take place in Binsey (near Oxford) on Saturday 14th July (n.s.). He invites all the clergy and faithful to join him there. The full decree can be read here.