His Grace Bishop Irenei will be present in the Diocese from 24th April until May 13th 2019, as a regular archpastoral visit during the period in which practical matters are arranged for a permanent move into the territory of the Diocese.
Bishop Irenei's visit in April and May will be, as usual, very busy, incorporating the end of Great Week and Pascha at the Diocesan Cathedral in London, some of Bright Week in Mettingham and East Anglia, Thomas Sunday in St Elisabeth's Wallasey, the Diocesan Pilgrimage in St Albans Abbey on Saturday 11th May and Sunday 12th May at St John's , Colchester.
The basic outline of Bishop Irenei's April/ May visit is as follows:
- Thursday 25th April Great and Holy Thursday: full Holy Week services at the Diocesan Cathedral
- Friday 26th April Great and Holy Friday: full Holy Week services at the Diocesan Cathedral
- Saturday 27th April Great and Holy Saturday: full Holy Week services at the Diocesan Cathedral
- Sunday 28th April HOLY PASCHA : full Holy Week services at the Diocesan Cathedral
- Monday 29th April Bright Monday: Divine Liturgy at the Diocesan Cathedral
- Tuesday 30th April Bright Tuesday: Divine Liturgy at the Diocesan Cathedral travel to Mettingham
- Wednesday 1st May Bright Wednesday: Divine Liturgy at Mettingham
- Thursday 2nd May Bright Thursday:
- Friday 3rd May Bright Friday:
- Saturday 4th May Bright Saturday:
- Sunday 5th May: Thomas Sunday: Hierarchal Liturgy at St Elisabth's , Wallasey
- Monday 6th May:
- Tuesday 7th May:
- Wednesday 8th May:
- Thursday 9th May:
- Friday 10th May:
- Saturday 11th May: Diocesan Pilgrimage to St Albans Abbey. Hierarchal Liturgy at 9.45 p.m. Vigil at St John's, Colchester.
- Sunday 12th May: Hierarchal Liturgy at St John's, Colchester
- Monday 13th May: Depart
Any who would like to meet personally with Bishop Irenei whilst he is in London, despite the tight time constraints of this visit, are welcomed to speak with the Diocesan Chancellor, Archpriest Paul Elliott (email@example.com or 07926 194 031) to arrange a time.
Bishop Irenei is presently scheduled to visit again in July 2019.
Welcome to the web site of the Russian Orthodox Diocese of Great Britain and Ireland. We invite you to explore the host of information provided here, and above all to visit one of our parishes to join us in prayer to the Holy Trinity in a land where Holy Orthodoxy was introduced in Apostolic times.
You may use the drop-down link below to translate this page via GoogleTranslate into a language of your choice.