Advanced notices...please let Fr Paul know of any news on email@example.com
Statement from Chancellor of the Diocese of Great Britain and Ireland dated 31/08/16
" His Eminence Archbishop Mark will shortly be retiring as ruling hierarch of the Diocese of Great Britain and Ireland. Metropolitan Hilarion, First Hierarch of the Russian Church outside of Russia (ROCOR) will take over administration of the diocese until new arrangements can be confirmed. The exact timing of this change will be anounced shortly."
Заявление секретаря епархии Великобритании и Ирландии
Его высокопреосвященство архиепископ Марк вскоре уйдёт на покой с должности правящего архиерея епархии Великобритании и Ирландии. Митрополит Иларион, первоиерарх Русской Православной Церкви заграницей, возьмёт на себя управление нашей епархией до утверждения нового порядка. Точная дата этого изменения будет вскоре объявлена.
There is a note about this at http://www.pravoslavie.ru/english/96757.htm
Vladika has invited a representative from each of the British / Irish parishes to attend the Diocesan Assembly of the German Diocese which will convene at Frankfurt on Monday October 3rd 2016 as this will be the last opportunity for us to meet under the same diocesan bishop. Below is a transcript of the 2nd Paragraph of Vladika's latest decree.
"On Monday, October 3rd, The Diocesan Assembly of our diocese will convene in St Nicholas Church, Frankfurt, Germany. I invite all clergy of the diocese of Great Britain and Ireland to attend this assembly as well. Each parish delegate / or cashier (treasurer. edit) as representatives of the parish. This will probably be the last time I have to invite you to come to Germany. As soon as I hand over the UK diocese to the Metropolitan or another bishop, you will have your own diocesan gatherings within the UK."
- Vladika Mark will be visiting London on Saturday 15th October and Sunday 16th October. He calls the faithful to join him in London at our Cathedral before the All Night Vigil on the 15th October. Details of his visit will be published shortly on this site.
- Our Cathedral has embarked on a project to publish instructions for servers at Hierarchal services. This will eventually be published by the Monastery of St Job of Pochaev in Munich in Russian, English and German. It will also be published electronically on this website. It should provide a template across the dioceses to help when a bishop visits the parishes.
- Archbishop Mark has distributed the Patriarch's latest decree concerning the consumption of alcohol during the month of September. It is presently only available in Russian. More details will be found on the website of the Moscow Patriarchate in due course. (https://mospat.ru/en/category/news/decr-chairman/speeches/) The Patriarch suggests that the faithful use the month of September to consume less alcohol and not to drink to excess.
- Morning and Evening Prayers have been added to this site to enable the faithful to access these traditional prayers where ever they are. Further prayers will be added to this site,
- Memorial Service for King Harold Godwinesson and all his Companions This will take place at 11:00 on Thursday 27th October 2016 – the 950th Anniversary of Sandlake Fight (now commonly known as The Battle of Hastings), at the Parish Church of St Mary Magdelene, Whatlington, East Sussex, about three miles north of the battlefield. The Memorial Service will be celebrated by Father Andrew Phillips.
- The proposed date for the Diocesan Pilgrimage to St Albans will be on May 13th 2017. This will hopefully be led by Archbishop Mark or his successor. Details will follow. Please keep checking the site for further details. The date has now been confirmed. It is hoped that this might coincide with the visit of the Myhrr Streaming Icon of the Mother of God from Hawaii. The icon will be visiting our diocese and various parishes in Great Britain and Ireland next May. The exact dates are to be confirmed.
- Next Liturgy at the Parish of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God, Cardiff will be on Saturday 24th September at 09:30. For more details please see here.
- The next Liturgy at the Parish of St Vladimir in Cheltenham will be announced shortly. The parish has just celebrated it's 5th Anniversary. There are some lovely photos on the parish facebook page. For more details please see here.
- For services in the Parish of St John of Shanghai, Belfast check on the Belfast Parish Website. Father Paul has been asked to take services before a new rector can be appointed. He will serve the next Liturgy on Saturday 22nd October. Please note that the parish has moved into a smaller chapel in the church hall complex just near their former church. The post code remains the same.
- Founders Day at Mettingham will be celebrated on 15th November being the 6th anniversary of the death of its foundress, Mary Bond (nee Galitzine)
- The next Liturgy at St Colman's Stradbally will be announced shortly.
- The Russian Orthodox Parish of St Alexander Nevsky has now opened in Norwich. It's first Liturgy was on Saturday 10th September. It now has its own website at www.norwichorthodoxchurch.org.uk. There are also updates on the Colchester Parish website so please see http://www.events.orthodoxengland.org.uk/our-hope-for-a-russian-orthodox-church-in-norwich-update-9/ The next Liturgies will be on Saturday 15th October and Saturday 12th November. Both services will start at 10:00.
- Pilgrimage to Russia, 25th - 30th July. Materials and photos of this pilgrimage can be found at http://www.russianchurchlondon.info/паломничества Archbishop Mark has blessed that the Diocesan Website is used to advertise and develop pilgrimages both here in the United Kingdom and abroad.
- The Parish of St Elisabeth the New Martyr, Wallasey. Father Paul now records the Sunday readings and sermons. These can be listened to here.